Proper preparation for your photo session can make all the difference in the quality of your images. With that in mind, here are some tips we’ve compiled to make the experience as smooth and comfortable as possible for you.
• If your clothing doesn’t feel like it fits properly it will probably photograph that way. Leave ill-fitting clothes at home.
• Prom dresses are a lot of fun to photograph!
• Solid colors photograph best.
• Bring a variety of clothing for all seasons. We can create different looks for you regardless of the season.
• Bring traditional clothes for the pictures for the parents and grandparents, and some fun and edgy clothing for the pictures for you and your friends!
• Try to avoid sleeveless tops, as they will almost always make your arms look larger than they really are.
• You’re welcome to bring props with you. Anything that is important to you - bring it along. We can photograph just about any prop you can think of; including drum sets and cars. If you want to bring a pet you’re more than welcome to; however we suggest having somebody with you who can take it home as soon as we’re done photographing it.
• The week of your session we will keep an eye on the forecast. We photograph in most weather conditions with the exception of heavy precipitation or very high winds. Cloudy days make for perfect photography days as that gives us nice soft, flattering light.
• Do bring a friend and a parent. We highly encourage bringing a friend along who will join you in some of the photos. We will be more than happy to provide a complimentary print of the two of you for your friend to keep.